Trekking Camping at Prashar Lake
- 02 November 2019 09:00 - 03 November 2019 19:00
- Prashar Lake 175021.
- $ Ticket price starts from : INR 1500
Located in Mandi District of HP at an altitude of 2730 mtr Prashar is known for Holy Lake, Sloppy Meadows, dense forest and the Panoramic view of snow clad ranges of Dhauladhar. The “Prashar Lake” Which has perimeter of about 300 mtr is decorated by a floating island in it. Its crystal clear water adds to the charm of this scenic spot. Traditionally it is believed that the lake was formed as a result of striking of rod (Guj) by Rishi Prashar and water came out and took shape of the lake. An ancient pagoda style temple dedicated to the Rishi Prashar, the patron God of Mandi region stand beside the lake. The temple has been constructed by the king Ban Sen in 13-14th Century using single deodar tree and it took 12 years to complete the temple construction. A walk around the lake gives a mystical experience of calmness of the surrounding. A visit to Prashar is a perfect blend of spiritual journey and exploring into the serene Himalayan Ranges.
Prashar Lake is motorable for most part of the year, however during winters (Dec to March) road is closed due to snowfall. During winters Prashar lake can be trekked from 4 different trails. First one if from Baggi village, Second from Bandal Village, third from Tihri village and also from Jwalapur village.
There are multiple stay options at Lake Prashar, PWD guest house, Forest Guest house, Forest Trekker hut, Mandir Sarai, private huts and tents pitched by locals. Also there are couple of dhabas that serve food to the visitors. Other attractions for Visitors are Sukha-sar, Aadi Brahma temple & Tungamata temple.
– Early Morning Arrival in Mandi + check-in into a Hotel / HomeStay
– Breakfast + Transfer to Baggi village (35 Km)
– Trek to Prashar Lake (~8kms) + Packed Lunch
– Snacks + Bonfire + Dinner + Stay at Prashar Lake
– Experience Sunrise at Prashar Lake + 360 panoramic view of the mighty Himalayas
– Breakfast + Trek back to Baggi Village (~8km) + Packed Lunch
– Transfer to Mandi (35 Km) + Collect Luggage + Departure to Delhi