the term “Spiti” means, the middle land or the land between Tibet and India. This high altitude desert valley in the Trans-Himalayas is one of the most stunning, graphic and rugged regions in the Himalayas. The road to Spiti meanders alongside the Sutlej river that then becomes the river Spiti.
The cultural richness, well preserved Buddhist heritage, Old monasteries, simple happy way of life, distinctly different food, challenging terrain, unique high altitude ecosystem and natural beauty that transcends the barriers of time puts Spiti, high on the travellers bucket list.
While the Manali to Leh route is a sought after route for its remoteness, high enduring passes and the remote and deserted nature of the trail; Spiti is culturally rich, is not as remote and deserted but filled with local experiences, unique food a very strong and traditional Buddhist region cut away from the tourists and so it feels like another land quite unlike Ladakh. The people in the region seem to exist in isolation to the rest of the world. Although the region is predominantly Buddhist, there is a distinct Himachali influence that permeates from the Kinnaur valley and further up from the Shimla and Narkanda region into the Lahaul and Spiti regions.
Duration: 14 Days
Distance Cycled: 550Km
Accommodation: Tented Camps | Homestays | Hotels
Who can do this tour?
This is a tour for anyone who seeks and adventure, wishes to go off the beaten path and immerse themselves in the local culture, interact with the locals in this untouched Tibetan influenced region. While the Spiti tour treads through the Himalayan mountain ranges it is less enduring than the Manali to Leh since there are only 2 high passes you will ride through on this journey. At Unventured we offer participants all necessary support, training, guidance and practice information to prepare for the tour
How is Unventured different from conventional tour operators?
- End to End solution: You leave all worries of logistics to us from Delhi until you board your flight back home from Delhi. No exclusions on food, travel or accommodation in between Delhi and Delhi. (Liquor, knick-knacks and aerated drinks is the only exception)
- 3:1 Ratio of staff supporting your tour, which means no compromise on the quality of the experience.
- 2 support vehicles: 1 pick-up truck and a 14 Seater Tempo Traveller. We are prepared for evacuation of all staff and participants in the event of a natural calamity.
- Filtered safe drinking water + 1 high quality sipper with inbuilt filter per participant. We want to go green and hence have opted to stay away from “bottled water”. Read our blog and initiative against “Bottled Water” and the alternate we offer.
- Food in some places will be in restaurants/hotels that we believe are the best places for food. We want you to experience the local food and enjoy your travel like you would if you were travelling by yourself and would not compromise on that front.
- Experienced tour leaders trained and certified in Wilderness First Aid. Safety of all our crew and travellers is our primary concern and we maintain and follow safety measures in planning and execution of the tour.
Please read the Cancellation Policy thoroughly before you make a booking.