Goa is like no other state in India, be it the Portuguese colonial influence, the endless beaches, the glorious whitewashed churches or the relaxed culture of “Susegad”- A uniquely Goan term that translates loosely to “Laid-backness’ and is evident in all aspects of the Goan way of life.
Goa located in the Western region of India with the Arabian sea to its western coast was the former Portuguese province until as recent as 1961. Rich in world heritage, culture, flora and fauna it is a biodiversity hotspot and on the Unventured trail you will experience an essence of this diverse and unique side Goa with the adventure of exploring on a bicycle.
Along your trail you will be staying at beautiful heritage hotels, beach huts, eco-resorts in the midst of the forest and also spend 2 nights by the backwaters in a quaint home stay. As the Goans say, “Kenna chill, Kenna thrill” which translates to “Sometimes Chill and sometimes thrill, the Unventured is all about pleasing the chill and thrill seeking explorer in you.
Duration: 8 Days
Distance Cycled: 250Km
Accommodation: Homestay / Hotel / Beach huts
Who can do this tour?
This expedition is for anyone with a keen interest in exploring and truly “travelling” through Goa. You will re-discover its culture, tradition and history at a pace that allows you to stop, interact and enjoy the true Goan way of life. This is not a physically “Intensive” Trail and hence anyone who is initiated to cycling and is keen on exploring and riding with a group of like-minded people can sign up. The terrain in Goa ranges from flat grounds to moderate climbs. Distances pedaled daily will range between 40 to 60 kilometers on a rolling terrain and the difficulty level will vary from being easy to, moderate as we trail along.
How is Unventured different from conventional tour operators?
- End to End solution: You leave all worries of logistics to us from Panjim until you board your flight back home. No exclusions on food, travel or accommodation in Goa. (Liquor & aerated drinks is the only exception)
- Like minded travellers share rooms on a twin sharing basis
- 1 support vehicle; We are prepared for evacuation of all staff and participants in the event of a natural calamity.
- Filtered safe drinking water will be provided on the tour. We are conscious about the impact we have on the environment and hence have opted to stay away from “bottled water”.
- The trail not only confines itself to cycling but is aimed at bringing out the true essence of Goa, its people, their way of life, culture, food, history and its natural wealth.
- Food will be in well recommended/rated restaurants and homestays and sometime will be packed picnic lunches. We want you to experience the local food and enjoy your travel like you would if you were travelling by yourself and we will not compromise on that front.
- Experienced tour leaders trained and certified in Wilderness First Aid. Safety of all our crew and travellers is our primary concern and we maintain and follow safety measures in planning and execution of the tour.