Trail through the regal state of royals on the Rajasthan cycling tour
They say that the many colours of India come alive in Rajasthan, known for the romance, opulence and the splendor of the Maharajah’s, it is come to have known as the country’s “Land of Maharajas”. Holy lakes, forts and Palaces dot the region, not to forget the wildlife that range from leopards to endemic bird life. The richness in heritage and its vibrant hues of Rajasthan is not just in the spaces you see but also in the warmth of the people. Enjoy the simple pleasures of locally shopping through markets, relish the many flavors by dining in local homes to eateries well known with the residents of the city. Not to forget the slow paced travel on the bicycle that connects you to the magnificence of the region’s natural history, culture and way of life. For a traveller this is an ideal way to explore the grandeur of the last of the princely states in the country.
On this 11-day-trail, we’ve packed the right mix of experiences to bring you close to an essence of Rajasthan a land of sand dunes, wooded hills and magnificent lakes. The people known for their hospitality and “Joie de vivre” welcome you to their story rich Forts, Palaces and Havelis and guide you through bustling towns and villages. Rajasthan offers amazing diversity and is truly a feast to the eyes. Cycling is the most perfect way to experience this vibrant land.
The best seasons to bike about in Rajasthan are from November to February.
Who can do this tour?
The Rajasthan Cycling trail is a moderate intensity tour and ideal for a habitual cyclist. The vistas although pristine and culturally rich, the trail in Rajasthan is a mix of gentle climbs, steady descents, combined with plenty of flat roads that makes it a delight for a cycling enthusiast. Cyclists should be in relatively overall good physical shape with at least a moderate degree of cycling experience. Being physically fit will of course be a huge asset but as the tour is fully supported the van is always close at hand if needed.
We will be cycling through off terrain paths in parts, prior medium to long (50Km to 80Km) distance cycling is recommended, if not one must make the effort to put in some practice rides before joining the trail.
How is Unventured different from conventional tour operators?
- End-to-End solution: You leave all worries of logistics to us from Jaipur until you board your flight back home. No exclusions on food, travel or accommodation between Jaipur to Udaipur. (Liquor & aerated drinks is the only exception)
- Support vehicle all along your ride with a first aid kit
- Knowledgeable tour leaders who not only ride with you but also fill you in on the local culture, natural history and interesting information of the region
- Filtered safe drinking water, we want to go green and hence have opted to stay away from “bottled water”
- Food for most part is local; we will visit local well-recommended/rated restaurants. We want you to experience the local food and enjoy your travel like you would if you were travelling by yourself and would not compromise on that front. Your health and well-being is our prerogative and there will be no compromise on hygiene and quality
- Experienced tour leaders trained and certified in Wilderness First Aid. Safety of all our crew and travellers is our primary concern and we maintain and follow safety measures in planning and execution of the tour