The closest subway station is Mets-Willets Point on the number 7 subway line (view MTA subway map
(note: if you are driving there do NOT use this link)
Exit the train and follow the signs to Flushing Meadows Corona Park. This will lead you across a bridge. Essentially, you'll first head for the Unisphere - pass it - and then walk over the footbridge over the Long Island Expressway to get to the race staging area at Meadowlark Circle at the North end of Meadow Lake. It’s a little more than 1 mile from the Subway station to the race staging area (the perfect warm-up jog!). View map of walking route from Mets-Willets station to race.
As you are making your way to Race-Day Central, you will likely cross the running route of another race that is happening earlier in the morning in the park, please don't get this race confused with our race.
** IMPORTANT ** IMPORTANT **
Due to major construction in the area of Flushing Meadows Park north of Meadow Lake, currently the only route to the parking lot next to 'Race-Day Central' is to enter the park from westbound 69th Road, just past the intersection of Park Drive East. If you've been to our races before, this is NOT the usual route into the park.
Also, due to one-way roads, exiting the park is via a slightly different route.
Because navigation apps do not recognize some of the roads inside the park and are not up to date with the road closures due to construction, we recommend the following:
. using GPS. This is just outside the park.
2. Then follow the map and instructions on this PDF for driving from westbound 69th Rd. into the park and to Race-Day Central, which is about one mile inside the park.
Alternatively, you can follow these written instructions from the Van Wyck or Grand Central Parkway:
FROM SOUTHBOUND VAN WYCK EXPRESSWAY:
- Take Exit 11 "Flushing Meadows Corona Park / 69 Rd. - Jewel Ave."
- After 0.2 miles, use the middle lane to continue towards "Van Wyck Expwy / 69 Rd. - Jewel Ave." (do not follow exit on right that says"Flushing Meadows Corona Park")
- After 0.3 miles, exit right towards "69 Rd. - Jewel Ave."
- After 0.2 miles turn right at the stoplight. You are now on westbound 69 Rd. follow directions below "To parking lot"
FROM NORTHBOUND VAN WYCK EXPRESSWAY:
- Take Exit 11 "69 Rd. - Jewel Ave."
- After 0.1 miles, turn left onto Park Dr. East
- After 0.3 miles, turn left at the stoplight onto 69 Rd. / Jewel Ave. Follow directions below "To parking lot"
FROM EASTBOUND GRAND CENTRAL PARKWAY:
- Take Exit 11 "69 Rd. - Jewel Ave.", merge onto service road
- After 0.4 miles (2nd stoplight), turn left onto Jewel Avenue.
- After 0.4 miles, get in the left lane and make a U-turn at Park Dr. East (2nd stoplight). You are now on westbound 69 Rd. Follow directions below "To parking lot"
FROM WESTBOUND GRAND CENTRAL PARKWAY:
- Take Exit 11E-W "Jewel Ave. - 69 Rd."
- After 0.1 miles, stay to the right towards "Jewel Ave. - 69 Rd."
- The exit ramp curves to the right and merges onto Jewel Ave.
- After 0.2 miles, get in the left lane and make a U-turn at Park Dr. East (2nd stoplight). You are now on westbound 69 Rd. Follow directions below "To parking lot"
TO PARKING LOT:
Directions begin from westbound 69 Rd., west of Park Dr. East
- After 0.1 mi, take exit on right for “Grand Central Parkway / RFK Bridge”
- After 0.1 mi, take an unmarked exit ramp on the right. Merge onto park road (Meadow Lake Dr.)
- After 0.3 mi, bear right to stay on Meadow Lake Dr. (DON'T bear left, you’ll end up on the Grand Central Parkway!) The first section of road here is a little rough and often has big puddles, but you’re heading the right way.
- After 0.6 mi, bear left at the fork.
- After 0.1 mi, turn right into the parking lot
, or type in "Meadowlark Circle, Queens, NY 11375", but DON'T use GPS to try to navigate there from outside the park, it will try to send you through one of the entrances that are currently closed.